Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Good Man

It took me awhile to find my knight in shining armor. I was 35 when we met. And it took a matchmaker friend to put us together (thank you, Diana!). And it took me all of those 35 years before we met to get to the point of being able to recognize him when we did finally meet. I am so grateful.

Steven is an incredibly giving man. He does laundry, he loads the dishwasher, he vacuums, he cleans the bathrooms. And I don't mean just sometimes - he does these things ALL the time. It is the exception when *I* do them. When we had cats, he was the one to scoop the litter box. He cooks dinner sometimes too. And he takes good care of Clare, when she'll let him. She has a preference for mom most days, and he tries not to let that bother him. He works full time at a job he doesn't enjoy with people he'd rather not deal with, so that we can homeschool Clare. He is the perfect husband, perfect father, and my best friend.






And he participates in tea parties with Clare and her toys!

No comments: