
I first became interested in gardening when I started smoking pot. Yep, always the thrifty one, I just could not see paying big money for something that was so easy to grow. Of course I learned my lesson when the cops came knocking on my door... but that's another story.
When Steven & I bought our house in Nov 2000, I drew up plans to utilize the entire backyard as a garden and we double-dug two 4'x16' beds. The plans, and the garden, have been evolving ever since. A couple years ago we put in a small strawberry bed, and this year we added a bed for raspberries and one of asparagus. After having started gardens in three rental places, it feels good to be putting in perennials. My wish list for the garden includes fruit trees (pomegranate, fig, apples, peaches, plums - though there's only room for 7 at the most), two more veggie beds, and a gazebo / grape arbor.

The other morning, the sun was nicely backlighting the volunteer sunflowers in one of the beds.
2 comments:
Things I didn't know! Love it and I'm so glad you started blogging. It's really fun and a great way for all of us to connect.
You've been tagged by Crystal!
http://daikinicrossroads.blogspot.com/2007/06/8-things-about-meummm-not-yet.html
Post a Comment