
I'm not remembering stuff.
Steven told me he had at 11:00 appt on Tuesday. I think he must not have told me anything beyond that, as he often doesn't elaborate, and I feel like if he'd said more it might have stuck in my brain. But I did not remember at all - not even after the fact, like, "oh yeah, now I remember you saying that". I've asked him, when that comes up again, to write it down or say something like, "which means I'll be taking Clare to Bubbie's early". Because when I was waiting for someone to help me at the hospital I was thinking that Clare had only been at her grandparents' since noon or so, instead of 10:30. No wonder they looked like they were ready for me when I picked her up! They generally have a 3-hour limit before they get impatient, and I'd thought Clare had only been there for an hour & a half.
Just now I was picking up toys and came across a penguin toy that I didn't recognize. Clare said it came in an egg, and I just barely remember, but not really. Was it from the egg hunt or did we buy it at the thrift store? I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's really not clear.
Surely, it doesn't matter where a toy came from, but other stuff I'm going to have to start jotting notes. I wonder if there's any tips online for memory loss.
It's no wonder I'm having such a hard time figuring out the details for my projects, things like how to put together the platform for her bed, do I want it to be larger than the mattress or to just fit, can the headboard attach to the wall or does it have to attach to the bed... and, oh yeah, I better make a list for the fabric store so I can look for some dark blue velvet and some star buttons for that headboard (because in a store is when my memory loss is the most pronounced!).
Thank God for my ruby slippers! I'm going to need all the help I can get to find my way back to normal after all this chemo. ~~~there's no place like home...there's no place like home~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment