
My Sudoku addiction has rubbed off on Clare. After tearing through two store-bought books - they use stickers and aren't particularly cheap - I figured out an easy way to make some puzzles for her. The kids' version is based on fours instead of nines - four squares in a block, row & column, and the stickers in the books have pictures from kids' cartoons. So I drew a grid and made copies and use colored dot stickers from the office supply store. I think it is better than the store-bought books because for one thing it's easier to see the "lay of the land" - you can tell more easily that a certain row is missing a green dot, for example. She's gotten really good, and is not bored with it yet. It's fun to see her being able to think a few steps ahead and figure these puzzles out.
No comments:
Post a Comment