I just completed chemo Round Four out of the five that I am getting. One more round (another month) and I get a CT scan & MRI to see what effect it has had on the tumors in my breast & liver. The scan I had in early June after just 2 rounds showed amazing shrinkage, so I am cautiously optimistic. Dr Royce, my oncologist, said that if the liver tumor is but a speck on the MRI I may be able to get surgery. Woo-hoo!
The treatment is beginning to take a toll on me though. I am awake tonight at 2:30 am because of what the chemo is doing to my digestive system. My tummy is ever gurgling and sounds like a ripe melon when I thump it. Eating is always a gamble these days.
I am really looking forward to being done with the chemo and working on regaining my health. I want to cleanse my liver of the chemo & other accumulated toxins, work on helping my body be better able to get rid of rogue cancer cells that will pop up. I'm learning so much these days! (always seems to happen just when I think I know almost everything... go figure!)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment